Law Boy

If you like my posts please leave a comment or follow me.


Thank You



Friday, December 24, 2010

It's My Jersey and I’ll Sell It If I Want To

Occasionally, sports players will sell their trophies or jerseys. The question is: is it legal? If a jersey must be returned to the team at the end of the sport’s year, clearly it is not legal to sell it. I agree with this law. But, what if the item sold was an award or trophy? The way I understand it, this is legal, but against the unwritten rules of the game. A football player, Terrelle Pryor, and others from Ohio State, sold some of his jerseys and awards and was suspended for five games. I agree that it was wrong of him to sell, but he probably needed the money. Also, I think that if it is wrong for the seller, it is also wrong for the buyer, but they cannot punish the buyer because most likely he is not a sports player.

Lawboy-

No comments:

Post a Comment