Law Boy

If you like my posts please leave a comment or follow me.


Thank You



Monday, May 24, 2010

The First amendment

The First amendment is freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and petition. The first amendment is one of the most important amendments because it is made up of so many aspects. This is not the only reason that I believe it is important. Freedom of religion is embedded in the first amendment. All over the world we have struggled with the concept of everyone having different beliefs. The United States still has occasional difficulties, but I think we have gotten better.
Although these amendments have worked out well for our country, I believe that freedom of the press can be abused. "PRESS" is an extremely broad term. It includes all systems that make information available to people. Sometimes people can say extremely racist things on blogs or other services that I am sure the founding fathers did not have in mind when they wrote the amendments. But I suppose this is better than being tossed in jail if you try to share your thoughts on email or a blog.

Lawboy-

No comments:

Post a Comment