Law Boy

If you like my posts please leave a comment or follow me.


Thank You



Sunday, June 6, 2010

Eighth Amendment

The eighth amendment is that excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted. This amendment is crucial but is often disobeyed some states used to have the death penalty but then realized it violated the eighth amendment, the death penalty is legal but not all methods of enforcing it are. Some, such as crucifixion and death by stoning, are obviously unconstitutional. Others, such as the gas chamber, have been declared unconstitutional by courts. And still others, such as hanging and the firing squad, have not been regarded as unconstitutional but are no longer in common use.

1 comment:

  1. Hello friend,
    Here I am again visiting your blog.
    I like the way you explained about the 8th amendment.

    I have followed your blog on Google Friend Connect. Please visit and follow my blog too.

    multibrand.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete